Categories
Barcelona News News

“I Hate Been Substituted” – Lionel Messi

Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi, has said he does not like to be substituted and would rather start the game from the bench.
In the past, Messi has refused to be taken out of a game, even when his team is winning by a big margin.
“I don’t like to be replaced. I prefer to come from the bench and play less than to be taken out.
“I say that because a lot of games are resolved near the end of the game, or you find more spaces then because you have more rivals that are tired.
“I prefer to come in and enjoy it than to leave and miss out on the best,” Messi told TyC Sports
Categories
Barcelona News Manchester United News

EPL: Man Utd defender Barcelona wanted to buy this summer revealed

Victor Lindelof’s agent, Hasan Cetinkaya, has claimed Barcelona tried to sign the defender from Manchester United, after Matthijs de Ligt rejected them to join Juventus.
The Catalan side were one of the leading contenders to sign De Ligt from Ajax, before he made a €75million move to Italy in July.
Barca turned their attention to Lindelof before the transfer window closed, but he ended up signing an extension earlier this month.
“Lindelof was perhaps Man Utd’s best player last season, and there was a lot of interest from clubs that are even better [than United] at the moment.
“When Matthijs de Ligt chose Juventus, Victor was pronounced Barcelona’s first choice.
“His way of playing, his DNA, is very close to Barcelona’s way of playing. He is one of the world’s best centre-backs with the ball at his feet, and Barcelona wanted him. That’s how it was. I can talk about that now.
“They contacted Ed Woodward on numerous occasions with concrete offers. I had a meeting with their transfer manager, Matt Judge, to try to make a transition. But they just said: ‘There is no chance. Victor is one of our best players’.
“It ended up being a new agreement instead, even though Victor actually had three years left. Usually, they do not make extensions with players who have so long left on the contract, but when there was an interest at this level they had no other option,” Cetinkaya told Aftonbladet.
Categories
Barcelona News News

LaLiga: Barcelona manager, Valverde reveals who to blame for 2-0 loss to Granada

Barcelona manager, Ernesto Valverde, has taken responsibility for their poor form, after Saturday’s 2-0 loss at Granada.
The result confirmed their worst LaLiga start in 25 years.
Barca went down to goals from Ramon Azeez and Alvaro Vadillo, as the promoted side moved top of the table.
Valverde’s men are seventh after five games.
The Catalans have failed to win any of their past seven away games in all competitions, a run that dates back to last season, with pressure growing on the coach.
“In the end the actors are the players and the coach is responsible.
“I feel responsible for what has happened. You can lose but when you lose you have to deserve to win – and today we have not deserved it.
“Away from home we are not reaping good results. When it happens in four games it is already a symptom that we are not too well.
“Today we have not been well. Away from home we are not playing good games. We are dominating but we do not translate it into goal situations. It is also true that the opponent is scoring the first goal,” Valverde told a post-match news conference.
Valverde however gave credit to Granada, who have won three LaLiga games in a row without conceding a goal.
“Granada deserve a lot of credit and we have to recognise it.
“They have been intense, strong, they have troubled us a lot.
“The first goal has put the game in their hands and they hit us when they hurt us the most. They have made their game and that we have not played well is to their credit,” he added.
Categories
Barcelona News La Liga News

Samuel Umtiti speaks on leaving Barcelona for Arsenal

Barcelona defender, Samuel Umtiti, has rubbished reports suggesting that he had contact with Arsenal during the summer.
It was suggested, having slipped down the pecking order at Camp Nou, the 25-year-old France international could be on the move.
A switch to the Premier League was mooted, with Arsenal said to be leading the chase for Umtiti.
Umtiti, though, claims that a new challenge at Emirates Stadium is not something that he ever considered.
“Honestly, I don’t know where this rumour with Arsenal came from.
“Overnight, I received messages from my friends ‘ah, so you are joining Arsenal?’ I’m not, I’m sorry but I’m staying at Barcelona.
“Contacts with Arsenal? To be honest, I don’t know if they had conversations with my agent, I just told him that I didn’t care what was happening this summer and that it wasn’t even necessary to talk to me about it.
“It was useless, I was going to have the same answer.
“My dream as a child is to play for Barcelona. Last season was the most difficult of my career, especially in terms of injuries,” he told Canal Football Club.
Categories
Barcelona News La Liga News

Barcelona beats Real’s team 9-1 in El Clasico

Jenni Hermoso grabbed a late hat-trick, as Barcelona hammered CD Tacon 9-1 on the opening day of Spain’s Women’s Primera Division on Saturday, giving the team absorbed by Real Madrid a rude awakening to life in the top flight.
Madrid agreed a deal earlier this year to buy capital club Tacon, although they will not officially become part of Real until July 2020.
However, the game was still billed by many, as the first women’s Clasico between Spain’s biggest sides.
Spain forward, Alexia Putellas. opened the scoring in the eighth minute, before strikes from Aitana Bonmati, Mariona Caldentey and an own goal from Lucia Suarez gave the Catalans a 4-0 lead at halftime.
Jessica Martinez scored Tacon’s first goal in the top flight early in the second half, but Bonmati soon struck again and Barca were ruthless in the final stages of the game.
Norway international Caroline Graham Hansen scored her first goal for the team later in the second half before Hermoso, who returned to Barca from champions Atletico Madrid this summer, struck three times inside the final 20 minutes.