Categories
Barcelona News La Liga News

Samuel Umtiti speaks on leaving Barcelona for Arsenal

Barcelona defender, Samuel Umtiti, has rubbished reports suggesting that he had contact with Arsenal during the summer.
It was suggested, having slipped down the pecking order at Camp Nou, the 25-year-old France international could be on the move.
A switch to the Premier League was mooted, with Arsenal said to be leading the chase for Umtiti.
Umtiti, though, claims that a new challenge at Emirates Stadium is not something that he ever considered.
“Honestly, I don’t know where this rumour with Arsenal came from.
“Overnight, I received messages from my friends ‘ah, so you are joining Arsenal?’ I’m not, I’m sorry but I’m staying at Barcelona.
“Contacts with Arsenal? To be honest, I don’t know if they had conversations with my agent, I just told him that I didn’t care what was happening this summer and that it wasn’t even necessary to talk to me about it.
“It was useless, I was going to have the same answer.
“My dream as a child is to play for Barcelona. Last season was the most difficult of my career, especially in terms of injuries,” he told Canal Football Club.
Categories
La Liga News Real Madrid News

How Zidane blocked Mourinho from taking Real Madrid star

Jose Mourinho was keen to make Real Madrid defender, Raphael Varane, his first signing following his appointment as Manchester United manager.
But he was thwarted by Real manager Zinedine Zidane, who persuaded the player to stay, Diario AS reports.
Mourinho had identified United’s back line as an area of weakness, when he took over at Old Trafford in the summer of 2016.
And having managed Varane at the Bernabeu, Mourinho made signing him a priority.
However, Zidane persuaded Varane to remain in Spain.
Varane has since established himself as one of the best defenders in the world, not only helping Real to win the Champions League in 2017 and 2018, but France lift the World Cup in 2018.
Categories
Barcelona News La Liga News

Barcelona beats Real’s team 9-1 in El Clasico

Jenni Hermoso grabbed a late hat-trick, as Barcelona hammered CD Tacon 9-1 on the opening day of Spain’s Women’s Primera Division on Saturday, giving the team absorbed by Real Madrid a rude awakening to life in the top flight.
Madrid agreed a deal earlier this year to buy capital club Tacon, although they will not officially become part of Real until July 2020.
However, the game was still billed by many, as the first women’s Clasico between Spain’s biggest sides.
Spain forward, Alexia Putellas. opened the scoring in the eighth minute, before strikes from Aitana Bonmati, Mariona Caldentey and an own goal from Lucia Suarez gave the Catalans a 4-0 lead at halftime.
Jessica Martinez scored Tacon’s first goal in the top flight early in the second half, but Bonmati soon struck again and Barca were ruthless in the final stages of the game.
Norway international Caroline Graham Hansen scored her first goal for the team later in the second half before Hermoso, who returned to Barca from champions Atletico Madrid this summer, struck three times inside the final 20 minutes.